Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

ScreenCast-O-Matic

Hey all,
ScreenCast-O-Matic sounds very corny but in fact is a great little screen casting tool. One way I used it today was to record a rather lengthy (35 minute) screen cast of a geography focussed lesson "Around the World With Google Earth." I was out today for a meeting but wanted my students to move forward without me. I had my sub fire up our social studies web blog and click on the YouTube video of which I had instructed her. I also supplied students with a front and back map of North / South America and Europe.

Below are a couple of TubeChops of the video. Remember TubeChop (TubeChomp) from the staff meeting a while ago? It allows you to chop sections out of a YouTube video focussing on the part you like.

Another idea is that you could make up or use someone else's Power Point presentation and run that behind ScreenCast-O-Matic while you narrate. You can pause it and restart without any tell-tale evidence.

 Opening 58 seconds:
Mt. St. Helens flyover 1:19: 

Tools: ScreenCast-O-Matic (Internet based recorder), Google Earth (maps), Google Chrome (web browser), MacBook Pro (computer), and TubeChop (Internet based) to only show you a little bit so you would not waste any more time.

Your Literacy Team

No comments:

Post a Comment